Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bad Wife Confession

It's shameful.  Downright shameful. 

But I'm going to throw it out there.  Ready.  Okay. 

(deep breath)

I don't know what my husband does for work. 

Obviously, I know what his title is and where he works.  But what that actually means and what he actually does, I have very little clue.  I'm not a techie person and I married a very, very techie guy.  He's built a pretty impressive career in software and other than knowing he's good at what he does, I have no idea what that means. 

He works in other languages like Java, Agile and Kanban.  Even when he's speaking English, most of it just doesn't connect.  I must look like a monkey doing a math problem when he's explaining work stuff to me. 

So after years of reciting off his current title and praying that no one asked any more questions to clarify what that means, I have come up with an awesome explanation of exactly what he does for work. 

My husband is a super geek, who teaches other geeks how to be better, more productive geeks. 

Like that?  Yeah, I'm guessing he's not going to.  Oh well, it's not like he can relate to what I do all day either, eating bon-bons on the couch and all. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love it. I had no idea YOU had a blog, too, by the way. Glad I found you!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete